90th General Assembly to Convene for Special Session
May 20th, 2015
The 90th General Assembly will convene Tuesday, May 26, 2015. The Governor has announced all items on the special session agenda below.
Agenda items are as follows:
- To consider an Amendment 82 “super project” at Highland Industrial Park in Calhoun County.
- To consider reorganization of state agencies:
Ø Merging the Arkansas Department of Rural Services (ADRS) with the Arkansas Economic Development Commission (AEDC)
Ø Merging the Arkansas Science & Technology Authority(ASTA) with the Arkansas Economic Development Commission (AEDC)
Ø Merging the Arkansas Building Authority (ABA) with the Department of Finance and Administration (DFA)
Ø Merging the Division of Land Survey with the Arkansas Geographic Information Office (AGIO)
- To make a minor fix to DWI law to assure continuation of federal highway funds.
- To ensure that state law aligns with potential changes in federal law regarding farm-equipment traffic on a new section of interstate highway.
- To correct technical errors made to bills when amendments were engrossed.
- To move the full Arkansas primary elections from May to March.
- To move the General Assembly’s fiscal session from February to April.
- To honor Johnson County Deputy Sheriff Sonny Smith.
- To confirm Gubernatorial appointments.