The Governor announced today that restrictions for gyms and fitness centers will be lifted May 4.
Directives for gyms and fitness centers will include
- Screening for staff and patrons.
No entry for:
- Recent travelers to NY, NJ, CT, New Orleans, and overseas.
- Those with fever, symptoms, recent contact with COVID-19 patient.
- Anyone with compromised immune systems or chronic diseases.
- Temperature check for staff
- Face coverings for staff and patrons, except when actively exercising
- No pools, spas, showers, saunas
- Hand sanitizer available
- Equipment sanitized after each use
- 12-foot distancing while working out and during training sessions, classes
- No personal contact
The Governor said he will make an announcement concerning teen and youth sports sometime in mid-May.
The health department received results from a record number of tests. Out of the 2520 test conducted, 1.5% had a positive result.
The Governor is expected to make an announcement concerning barbers and hair salons tomorrow.